When a natural disaster occurs, the Governor of Iowa can issue a proclamation of disaster emergency. This proclamation allows State resources to be utilized to respond to and recover from the effects of the severe storms and flooding. The proclamation activates the Iowa Individual Assistance Grant Program for qualifying residents, along with the Disaster Case Management Program.
The Iowa Individual Assistance Program provides grants of up to $5,000 for households with incomes up to 200% of the federal poverty level, or a maximum annual income of $43,440 for a family of three (full income guideline chart is below). Grants are available for eligible home or car repairs, replacement of clothing, personal property or food, and for the expense of temporary housing. Disaster Case Management is available to all that have been affected by the flooding, regardless of income.
Current Disaster Proclamations:
There are no current Disaster Proclamations within the Operation Threshold service area.
An application can be obtained by:
- Phone: (319) 824-3460 or (319) 291-2065
- Email: email@example.com
- Online: Iowa Individual Assistance Application
- Please note: Operation Threshold’s lobby remains closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, staff continue to work and are available by phone or email Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Fridays 8 a.m. to noon
How the program works:
- Operation Threshold will determine eligibility,
- Operation Threshold will make direct payments to vendors for those with eligible repairs or purchase replacement items.
- Original receipts are required for those seeking reimbursement for actual expenses related to storm recovery.