0 Flares 0 Flares ×
- Social Security numbers for all household members
- Income verification (last 90 days)
- Copy of most current heating and electric bill
- Copy of most current telephone bill (if applying for Low Income Telephone Assistance Program)
- View the LIHEAP income guidelines here
- Remember to use 175% for LIHEAP eligibility
- Or call Operation Threshold in your county for assistance
- You must continue making payments on your heating and electric bills!
- If you move or your account number changes with the utility company, you must contact the Operation Threshold office in your county within 45 days!
- An approval for the LIHEAP program allows you winter moratorium protection from disconnection but does not guarantee a payment.
- If your application is approved, LIHEAP may provide assistance, a one-time payment towards your heating bill.
- LIHEAP funds will be paid on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The LIHEAP payment amount will be based on factors such as total household income, household size, dwelling type and type of heating.